Data automation and artificial intelligence. Why are they important for business development?
The technological revolution in which we have been immersed in recent decades is generating an exponential growth curve around the creation of data. By 2018, the International Data Center (IDC) had projected that the data created globally by 2025 would be 175 zettabytes, five times more than in 2018.
However, this growth was strengthened in 2020 by the dramatic increase in the number of people starting to work from home. In this way, the scenario has changed: The latest IDC estimates indicate that the amount of digital data created in the next five years will be at least twice as much as the total data created since the advent of digital storage.
For a company, this exponential data growth can become an opportunity, but also a challenge. How to collect, reconcile, validate and analyze data while remaining efficient and optimizing resources? At this point, automation is crucial for business sustainability.
What do we mean by automation of large volumes of data?
Data automation refers to the process of loading, managing and processing large volumes of structured and unstructured data through automated tools, with or without human intervention. This does not mean neglecting data management. Quite the opposite, automation values the work of people, since they will be involved more in making strategic decisions than in the processing itself.
The automation of data management offers excellent incentives for a business. Some of its advantages are:
- It frees up the burden of the most basic and repetitive work that people still do today, so they can focus on more challenging tasks with higher qualifications.
- It minimizes mistakes, which improves the quality of work and the results obtained.
- Automation can be supported by Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI). These technologies are constantly evolving and learning over time. Therefore, they achieve better performance and greater scalability.
- Although an initial investment is necessary and it implies maintenance costs, automation requires fewer people and allows efficient management processes for large amounts of data and information.
- The automation itself helps turn the organization into a data-driven business. As you increase the productive use of your data, you solidify a feedback loop throughout the organization.
Smarter data management
As we mentioned before, data management automation is not possible without exponential technologies like machine learning and artificial intelligence. These technologies play an important role in solving complex business problems and optimizing results.
According to a recent study by KPMG, the companies consulted recognized improvements in productivity of around 15% within their projects related to artificial intelligence. Advances in AI have already demonstrated a broad capacity to optimize results in sectors such as: biomedicine, health care, object recognition, marketing and sales processes, recommendation systems, automatic translation, detection of consumption patterns, analysis of behavior or opinions, among others.
As we can see, the application of artificial intelligence reaches all kinds of companies and all kinds of processes, so it is not uncommon for organizations to consider increasing spending on this technology: according to the same report, this year companies are expected to invest in artificial intelligence between 50% and 100% more than the previous year.
Due to the growing popularity of automation technologies, it becomes essential to have solid and reliable Data Management process and solutions.
Platforms such as Conciliac EDM allows companies to automate data management processes, save costs, anticipate and avoid risks, and centralize data management in a single platform to make decisions based on true data. In other words, take the first steps necessary to be a data-driven organization.
If you want to know more about how Data Management can help your company, talk to us.